Almond oil is the oil that comes from the delicious tree nuts and it is commonly used as a natural ingredient in skin and hair care because of its health benefits. It helps to nurture the body, to keep the heart-healthy, and to relax the body and soul. It is perfect for massaging and maintaining flexible and vibrant skin.
Origins of the Sweet Almond Oil
The almond tree originates in Central Asia. There are two types: the sweet almonds that are intended for consumption for the food industry and for making oil. The bitter almond is not intended for consumption but for the production of oils for external use.
The sweet almond oil is widely used because it has many health benefits:
- It is rich in antioxidants such as vitamin E and unsaturated fatty acids.
- Contains mineral proteins such as potassium, iron, and calcium.
In ancient times, folk medicine used almonds to treat abdominal pain and intestinal worm, to increase milk for breastfeeding, to provide relief for skin problems, and even for sexual arousal.
Almond Oil-How to Use It and Benefits
Almond oil has been used for aged for toiletries and cosmetics:
- It is gentle, non-sensitive therefore the market uses it for baby products.
- To strengthen the hair and provide a shiny look. We suggest that you apply a tablespoon of almond oil after washing your hair.
- Almond Oil penetrates the skin and removes the dirt and debris from the pores.
- Use Almond Oil to nourish the skin and restore flexibility. It soothes wrinkles and scars.
Natural cosmetics with sweet almond oil
- It cleans the facial skin and it helps to remove makeup. You start by soaking a cotton ball in almond oil. Then you gently wipe the face. It is best to leave the oil on the face for a few minutes and gently wipe the face with a piece of clean cotton after a few minutes.
- It helps to reduce dark circles under the eyes. Dip the cotton ball in the almond oil and apply it under your eyes. Let it dry naturally.
Almond oil for Massage
In “Lavender Cosmetics” we know that Almond Oil is one of the best oils for massage. One of its benefits is muscle relaxation. It is used as a carrier oil for aromatic oils. It doesn’t irritate the skin. You can warm up the almond oil for a soothing and rejuvenating massage experience.
Almonds in your Diet
Are you familiar with the theory of the shape of food and body organ? Almond oil contains omega-6 fatty acids. Oleic acid helps lower blood pressure, LDL cholesterol and the risk of heart disease. It is healthy to eat raw unsalted almonds. You should add a spoon of almonds to your salad on a daily basis.
Every pregnant woman should massage the perineum starting from week 34 with gentle Almond Oil. Massage helps soften the tissues your baby stretches during vaginal delivery. Daily massage with almond oil can prevent bruising, tearing, or episiotomy. The massage will also prepare the mother emotionally for birth.
Author: Riki Langberg – Naturopathic and Natural Nutritionist.