In short: The wonderful almond oil gives us its wonderful qualities on so many levels, to nurture the body from the inside and outside, to maintain the heart, to general relaxation. It is perfect for massaging and maintaining flexible and vibrant skin.
The almond tree originates in Central Asia. There are two types the sweet almonds that are intended for consumption and for the food industry and for making oil. The bitter almond is not intended for consumption but for the production of oil for external use.
The sweet almond oils is widely used for its many health benefits:
- It is rich in antioxidants such as vitamin E and unsaturated fatty acids
- Contains mineral proteins such as potassium, iron, and calcium
In ancient times folk medicine used almonds in the treatment of abdominal pain, intestinal worms, milk increases in lactating women, skin problems and even sexual arousal.
Almond oil in cosmetics
Almond oil has been use for aged for toiletries and cosmetics:
- It is gentle, non-sensitive and therefore suitable for use in babies, is well absorbed and its natural fragrance is gentle.
- To strengthen the hair and shiny look, it is recommended to apply a tablespoon of almond oil after the washing the hair.
- Gentle almond oil with light texture, can penetrate the skin and remove the dirt and debris from the pores.
- Excellent for nourishing skin and restoring flexibility, dry skin treatment, wrinkles and scars, cell renewal and therefore used in cosmetics – Creams for nourishing facial skin, body lotions and massage oil.
- To clean the facial skin and remove makeup – soak cotton wool in almond oil and gently wipe the face. It is best to leave the oil on the face for a few minutes and gently wipe the face with a piece of clean cotton.
- To remove dark circles under the eyes, soak cotton wool with a little oil, apply under the eyes before bedtime.
Almond oil for massage
One of the most common oils in the field of massage. One of its benefits is muscle relaxation and general relaxation. It is used as a carrier oil for aromatic oils and if you heat it a little and spread it on the body while massage is pure pleasure.
Almonds in your diet
Know the theory of matching food by its shape to the body organ? Almond almond oil contains omega-6 fatty acid, which contains oleic acid known to help lower blood pressure, lower LDL cholesterol and lower the risk of heart disease.
It is recommended to eat raw almonds and without the addition of salt, it is even recommended to add a teaspoon of almond oil to the salad every day.
Almond oil in pregnancy
For pregnant women – it is recommended to massage the perineum from week 34, the premium massage is designed to flex the vaginal opening tissues towards the baby’s exit. Massage with almond oil prevents the need for a wedge-cut and avoids tears at birth. The massage will also prepare the mother emotionally for the birth. In addition, the massage will strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor with appropriate exercises.
Author: Riki Langberg – Naturopathic and Natural Nutritionist Website: The Path to Health