Olive oil is an oil in which Israel has been blessed, and the export of soaps from olive oil has been one of the main export branches from the Holy Land long before the establishment of the State of Israel.
Olive oil has been used as a dietary supplement and for cosmetic uses for ages, especially in the Mediterranean region where its growth is common.
In many of Lavender products we use Virgin and Extra virgin olive oil, including solid and liquid soaps, shampoos, Olive oil facial creams, lipsticks and more.
Olive oil contains mainly monounsaturated fatty acid Oleic acid and contains oleuropein, the main ingredient studied and has major pharmacological activities including anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial and viral activity, and many other activities (1,2) hydroxytyrosol – a powerful antioxidant. These ingredients give the oil the bitter taste.
Olive Oil Glossary
• Extra virgin olive oil – olive oil produced by mechanical grinding only, without the addition of the chemical substances used in the production of refined oils.
• Cold pressed olive oil – cold pressing produces the oil at a temperature not exceeding 35 degrees Celsius
• In hot pressing, more oil is produced from the olives, but the heating harms the oil and damages its quality.
This is the difference between soaps using the cold method or the hot method.
Quality grades of olive oil
• The highest quality oil is extra Virgin Extra Virgin Oil with a sourness level of up to 0.8%
• A slightly lower quality oil is Virgin oil which has a sourness of up to 2%.
• Ordinary regular olive oil – with acidity of up to 3.3%.
Uses olive oil
Did you know that olive oil can serve us for many uses and not just for salad? Olive oil used in the daily skin treatment routine and wonders for the skin and body.
• A teaspoon of olive oil with warm water in the morning will prevent constipation and help reduce cholesterol.
• This recommendation is also suitable for the prevention of hangover – olive oil protects the stomach from direct contact with alcohol and slows the absorption.
• If you are interested in nurturing the body without leaving home, olive oil can be used as a nourishing cream for the body and face. If the skin is dry or irritated with olive oil soap for face, you can nourish and restore skin.
• If you want to be really pampered, you can use olive oil as a base oil for massage. Add essential oils (20 drops for 100 3.3flOz 100ml) and enjoy a massage oil with all its pure ingredients.
• Olive oil is effective for both mother and baby. In the case of a cracked nipple, applying olive oil can sooth the pain and help restore the skin elasticity.
• You can massage the baby with olive oil and even add a few drops to the bath – just be careful not to slip!
• Olive oil at body temperature with garlic can relieve ear infection – massage in the ear and around it and also as first aid in case of worms.
Olive oil in Lavender’s natural cosmetics
Olive oil is a major component of our products. You will find it enriching our solid and liquid soaps and special creams using the full range of olive oil.
The olive oil we use is the best quality olive oil purchased only from olive farmeres close to us that we can follow olive growing process and ensure that the oil we use is extra virgin olive oil. (There is a big problem in finding quality suppliers that do not mix olive oil with other oils that are much cheaper)
For all Lavender products containing olive oil.
• Omar SH, Oleuropein in Olive and its Pharmacological Effects, Sci Pharm. 2010 Apr 23; 78 (2): 133-154. PMID: 21179340
• Visioli F, Poli A, Gall C. Antioxidant and other biological activities of phenols from olives and olive oil. , Med Res Rev. 2002 Jan; 22 (1): 65-75, PMID: 11746176
All that is written on the site is based on the opinion of the writers and their best experience and is not a substitute for a medical opinion.