Peppermint essential oil benefits are known to mankind for thousands of years and its also used in the food industry. Peppermint oil – a common and useful essential oil that will give you a refreshing, cool breeze of natural health:
Peppermint essential oil is one of the most common oils in the world and is produced from the strong mint plant (Mentha piperita) – a multi-annual aromatic plant of the lipid family. The oil is vaporized by steam and its main components are menthol, which is indicated for digestion. There is documentation of its use in ancient cultures, including Egypt and ancient Greece, mainly for digestion and disinfection.
The oil is not advised for use in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Peppermint essential oil benefits and uses include
- Disinfectant – purifies and disinfects the respiratory system and removes respiratory pathogens.
- PepperMint oil for digestion problems – a wonderful oil for the treatment of digestive problems, bloating, flatulence, irritable bowel syndrome.
- For relief of nausea and vomiting – for use in pregnancy, after chemotherapy – mint oil relieves the feeling of nausea. You can apply 1-2 drops behind your ear for relief.
- Relief of muscle and joint pain – massage with a natural base oil and Peppermint oil. You can also put mint oil into the bath to relieve pain.
- Peppermint oil stimulates the nervous system and blood flow and helps stimulate sensation. It is excellent to use in situations of fatigue and exhaustion.
- relieves headaches – to relieve headaches you can apply a few drops on the temples.
- Natural insect repellent – excellent for removing flies, pests (mosquitoes)
Peppermint oil – How to use?
You can use peppermint oil in a burner – drip 4-6 drops in the burner full of water and enjoy not only wonderful aroma but also disinfectant and natural pest repellent. For external use on the body please mix in a base oil (like sweet almond oil) and massage.
Lavender Products enjoying Peppermint essential oil benefits
Blitush – Our cream to help keep mosquitoes, lice, flies and other unwanted guests away.
After Workout bath salt – excellent bath salt to relieve muscle and joint pain. Good for use after exercise, after a hard day of walking and physical activity.
Foot Care Cream – a cream that ensures that your foot is balanced, sanitized, soft and pleasant to the touch.
PepperMint essential oil – pure essential oil in a 10 cc bottle.
If you have questions about Peppermint essential oil benefits we at Lavender All Natural Cosmetics will be happy to help – contact us
Everything written on the site is written by the writers and their best experience and is not a substitute for a medical opinion.