They will tell you that it gives the hair flexibility, luster, that it will be easy for you to design the hair after you apply it. They will tell you that it covers the hair from the root to the edge and therefore keeps it from weather hazards, so that you will not have broken ends, that the hair will be soft and in a healthy appearance. Using Silicone for you Hair creates the illusion of soft, supple and glossy hair. The problem is that it is only an illusion.
What exactly is silicone used for hair?
Silicone is part of the polymer family – a synthetic compound characterized by high viscosity and heat resistance and used by many industries such as automobiles, coatings and more, as well as in the cosmetics and best hair products industry: shampoos, conditioner, creams,
Synthetic Silicon is also present in many facial, body and hand cream creams often listed as cyclomethicone / DIMETHICONE. In use with the skin, it softens it and gives the feeling of moist and pleasant hair. Using it on the hair, it locks split ends, giving the hair a uniform, shiny look.
In the cosmetic industry, silicon is not used from natural sources, but only a synthetic silicon.
What are you not told about silicone for hair usage?
1. As we have already mentioned – it is made of synthetic materials … chemicals that cover the hair from root to tip and also the skin of the scalp. The contact of the body with chemical substances causes considerable damage and accumulates so it is best to avoid as much as possible.
2. Silicon is found in most hair and body products on the shelves so that even if you do not use silicones, the silicone finds its way through your shampoo, conditioner, mask, cream …
3. Covering the hair will give it a shiny and flexible look but actually closes the hair, locks the moisture inside it and does not allow the hair to absorb or release moisture. The result – the hair is heavier and under the silicon layer it becomes drier and tends to break and split and increase drop out.
4. Silicone, although it provides an luster look, causes the hair to “magnetize” dust and dirt that cling to it. These are burdensome for the hair – here too the result is the heaviness on the hair that encourages dropping out.
5. Using a silicone shampoo causes not only the hair to be covered with silicones but also the scalp – which causes the scalp to be unable to breathe and properly secrete moisture.
6. Exfoliation of the silicone coating on the scalp will sometimes look like dandruff of scales and will cause us to purchase more aggressive products that offer false solutions for dandruff.
7. Most of the silicone materials on the market are not soluble in water and therefore do not go easily by washing. So even when you go to a natural shampoo it takes a few days of washing to get rid of chemical residue on your hair and scalp.
8. It is important to know that due to the covering of the skin and the inability of the skin to breathe as well as the imprisonment of bacteria and skin infections, silicones products are also related to the problems of the emergence of acne and other skin problems. (1)
9. Skin specialists who specialize in the scalp skin will always recommend the use of conditioners only on the hair end because of the problem with silicone.
Why choose natural hair products?
Lavender’s products do not contain any synthetic material for hair, including silicone. All of our products contain 100% natural oils that treat the hair and scalp. They nourish, moisture and contain essential oils that accelerate the blood flow in the scalp to encourage moisture production and removal, so essential to the health of the hair. Gently absorbed.
In Lavender’s range of natural hair care products you can find:
• Hair cleaning with natural shampoo saltless – Olive oil shampoo that combines herbal and aromatic oils that thoroughly clean and soothe the scalp – coconut oil, calendula, lavender, rosemary. The Shampoo helps greatly in cases of dropping out, baldness, itching, and scales.
• Hair care with natural nourishing cream – containing coconut oil known for its ability to restore dry hair. Other oils that treat dry hair – carrot oil, peppermint oil, chamomile oil and more … It helps in shaping the hair and does not burden or harm the hair and scalp.
• Natural Hair serum – a unique product that perfectly combines oils that help to treat dry, lusterless hair, split edges, and scalp irritation.
In summary, frequent use of silicone products may cause your hair to look beautiful but it will be heavier, less clean, and the scalp will not breathe – in many cases that will causes at the end dry hair, dropouts, scales and Acne and other skin problems. The body becomes addicted to Silicone and the hair and scalp produce less and less moisture. The good news is that we can win them by awareness, understanding and a decision to switch to natural hair products.
What do our customers say?
“In the past two years, Lavender’s natural shampoo has changed the situation almost from the first use” (Einat G).
“After a few weeks of using shampoo, I discovered to my surprise a significant hair growth and the cessation of the dropout that I suffered from over the years. (Leah)
Written by Ido Mishal BA in Biology, B.Sc. – Chemical Engineering, M.Sc. – Materials Engineering (Technion)
All that is written on the site is based on the opinion of the writers and their best experience and is not a substitute for a medical opinion.