In order to shorten your precious time, we specially prepared two special winter combinations: WinterGuard for the prevention of winter diseases and Breathe – for breathing relief. For sputum release: Lemon-Eucalyptus, Niaouli, Pine, Tea-Tree, Myrtle and Lemon. For fever heat reduction: Lemon, Lemon-Grass, Rosewood, Anti Cough: Rosewood, cypress. Strengthening the immune system: Geranium, Pine, Grapefruit, Lemon, Niaouli, Lemongrass and Rosewood.
In our being, without words or intent, our body responds to the weather changes and prepares for the winter. It starts suddenly in the autumn, something changes in the agenda, darkness falls earlier, there is a sense to be earlier at home. When you sit outside on the porch, already wearing a protective jacket. The smells outside are different, the birds are looking for their place for the night, and even the dog comes home earlier. Even in the kitchen, cooking begins to change. The body begins to ask for more comforting, rich and nutritious food. All these and more foreshadow us the coming of winter.
Along with the gathering, winter brings with it many colds, fevers and coughs.
In response to the changes we find ourselves preparing for the coming season. There are many possibilities to support our body, whether we choose the food we eat or body strengthening treatments through homeopathy, acupuncture, and a variety of natural treatments – each one of his choice.
I personally organize and take stock of our “pharmaceutical” drawer, which includes a variety of products, but the main ones are the aromatic essential oils.
Essential oils have amazing qualities that are expressed in strengthening the body through the outer shell (skin) and inner (senses and soul). The oils have wonderful properties that we use in a number of ways – treating the environmental using a burner, or by direct treatment in combination with carrier oils in massage directly on the skin. You can also sprinkle individual drops on bedding, or use a humidifier, and even add to the bath water. We are happy to bring you an overview of the recommended oils we use for the winter season, their range of tasks, and add a few tips on how to use oils.
Note: Aromatic oils are safe for babies and children, but it is very important to consult with a professional about the types of oils, combinations and dosages. You are invited to call us and receive professional advice – +972-77-2127172 or by mail/chat.
There are of course many essentials oils that are suitable for treating various symptoms of winter illnesses (colds and flu). These are caused by a variety of viruses and are accompanied by symptoms of: fever, hyperhidrosis, pain, sneezing, coughing, fatigue, sore throat and congestion in the chest.
The following is a breakdown of the oils according to the symptoms they are suitable for:
• Oils for treatment of congestion and release of phlegm: Lemon Eucalyptus, Niaouli, Pine and Tea Tree, Myrtle and Lemon.
• Oils to reduce fever: Lemon, Lemon Grass And Rosewood
• Anti-cough oils: Cypress, Rosewood
• Strengthening oils: Geranium, Pine, Grapefruit, Lemon, Niaouli, Lemon Grass And Rosewood.
Here are our recommendations for the winter
Lemon Eucalyptus – pure essential oil produced by evaporation. Eucalyptus oil is a traditional remedy for respiratory problems and is suitable for children and infants. The lemon eucalyptus oil has antiseptic properties, is anti-bacterial and anti-viral, and helps to relieve breathing problems. It also has a calming effect, and it causes sleeping mood. Lemon Eucalyptus oil is recommended for the treatment of winter diseases in a burner, or diluted with carrier natural body oil for a massage on the chest.
• Lavender – It is recommended to hold always lavender oil, which is effective for soothing, disinfecting and even relieving pain. In terms of winter diseases – Lavender disinfects, relieves respiratory problems, hay fever, colds, flu symptoms and asthma. It is pure oil, the only essential oils allowed to be applied directly on the skin, but we recommend to dilute it with carrier oil when it is intended for massage and / or a burner.
• Ravintessera oil (note – not Ravensera oil) – Used to treat respiratory problems in infants and children with asthma, sinusitis or bronchitis. The oil stops the bronchial wheezing immediately and is effective against coughing. The oil kills all types of infections, strengthens the immune system, and gives strength to adjust to stress situations. Ravintessera oil is effective for winter diseases, and chronic fatigue. Elevated mood, and suitable for children and adults alike. It has a pleasant smell for the burner in the room.
• Oregano oil – Oregano oil treats upper respiratory problems and chronic cough. The oil is effective in treating infections and bacteria, including those that cause colds, bronchitis and asthma. Oregano oil has an effective effect, such as that of antibiotics, and is an effective treatment against bacteria, including types of resistant to antibiotics.
* Oregano oil suitable for use in the burner.
• Orange oil – sweet orange oil is a warmer oil, with a sweet aroma reminiscent of a peeled and healthy orange. This oil is loved by everyone, especially children, because of its sweet and familiar smell. Orange oil has a feature of fresh energy. It gives a sense of vitality, elevation and calmness. Reminiscent of spring, makes a smile and increases the sense of calm in his environment. It is ideal for winter, treats colds and bronchitis, disinfects, soothes and soothes muscles.
* Excellent orange oil for cold winter evenings, a burner or massage with carrier oil like almonds or grape seeds.
• Bergamot essential oil – recommended for the treatment of winter diseases by virtue of its properties, dehydration, heat reduction, release of sputum and beneficial for breathing problems such as bronchitis. In lavender products we use bergamot oil in therapeutic massage oil for coughing and chilling children
• Myrtle essential oil – has a fresh and delicate fragrance that is suitable for children as well. The herb acts against colds, disinfects and reduces phlegm, removes excess fluid in cases of congestion, bronchitis and rhinitis. Excellent for use in a burner in the room of a sick child, and it is also possible to massage the chest (diluted with base oil) to treat and prevent breathing difficulties. Its smell is not as strong as that of lemon eucalyptus.
• Niaouli essential oil – in general Niaouli has healing and stimulating properties that help with colds, fever and flu. The Niaouli disinfects, removes congestion and stops sniffles, reduces phlegm, prevents heat and strengthens.
• Lemon essential oil
Rich with the lemon peel scent, its properties are deodorizing, lowers and prevents heat, stimulates and strengthens body and soul. Due to its cooling and drying properties, the oil is also used to relieve symptoms of fever diseases, as well as effective support for the body’s immune system and strengthening after illness.
Methods of essential oils usage:
Essential oils are very concentrated extraction of the plants material, so please use only a few drops per treatment. Burner: Fill the burner with water and drizzle. Over 2-3 drops of aromatic oils for the winter.
We recommend one of the following combinations, but leave to your imagination to try and find your composition: Lavender + Orange + Raventissera Lemon Eucalyptus + Lavender + Oregano The oils are concentrated so there is no need for large amounts, but the appropriate dosage depends, of course, on the size of the room. Massage with essential oils It is recommended to dilute the pure oils in carrier oil such as almond oil, grapeseed oil or sesame oil. In a small bowl, the two types of oils should be mixed with 1% pure oil versus the amount of oil carried.