There are several ways to treat acne. Today one can find many treatments available, but he or she should consider natural acne treatment including making some diet changes. A course of proper treatment of the pimple or blemishes along with dietary changes can significantly improve your skin condition and lead to acne healing.
Conventional Acne Treatment
Medicine has provided many different treatment methods such as creams with peroxides, steroids, antibiotics, retinoids, isotretinoin (rocotene, etc.). The use of these substances usually results in an improvement in acne after about 3 months. It is wise to learn more about the existing problems, the risks, and the side effects of each method. For example, isotretinoin has some side effects such as rash, dryness, and cracking of the face and lips, changes in blood sugar levels, eye infections, blood in the urine, and kidney disease. The drug also causes fetal abnormalities. Be careful before starting the use of the drug during pregnancy. It is also linked to mood swings, depression, and suicidal thoughts.
The Effect of Nutrition as Part of the Acne Treatment
The link between acne and diet has been a controversial issue. Today everyone with experience advocates that there is a relationship between acne and diet.
There are two main recommendations for proper nutrition that reduce the appearance of acne:
• Reduction in carbohydrate consumption – refined carbohydrates (white sugar is a good example) are related to acne. Therefore, experts recommend lowering foods with high glycemic values. People with acne should avoid foods that contain white sugar. Read the ingredients of the food you consume, for example, salty snacks can contain white sugar.
• Reduction in milk consumption – Studies find a clear link between drinking more than 2 cups of milk per week and a significant increase in acne. Experts recommend reducing the number of dairy products in our diet.
Do not expect changes so fast. After a day of eating too many sweets, you might notice an increase in pimples. If you make some changes in your diet, you might see the effect on your acne condition within weeks or months.
Lavender Products Suitable for the Natural Acne Treatment
Our team in “Lavender Cosmetics” recommends a combination of green clay-based mask treatment for adolescence. Young people who have suffered from acne should keep their face skin clean by washing their face daily with our Facial Soap and continue the process by using the Toner Therapeutic Facial Toner to soothe the inflamed skin. The Oily face skin set
• Purifying Green Clay Mask with vitamin C and Green Tea- absorbs excess fat from the skin with vitamin C and green tea that makes the skin discharge less sebum that causes thus Acne. Use it once a week.
Directions for use: Mix the Clay Mask Green Clay Purifying Mask with warm water to control consistency. Apply to the face for at least 20 minutes then wash your face with our Facial Soap for better results.
• Oily Skin face wash – based on olive oil, rich in green tea extracts with anti-oxidant properties. It is anti-inflammatory. The soap is also rich in aromatic oils such as Lavender, Patchouli, Tea Tree and Rosewood that soothe the skin and help the healing process. It cleans the face gently and does not dry or irritate the skin. For acne treatment, we recommend using our Facial Soap once or twice a day.
How to wash your face: Wet your face with lukewarm water. Hot water dries the skin. Rub the soap directly onto your clean hands, and then use your hands to apply the soap to your face. Avoid the eye area. Massage the soap into your skin for a maximum of 30 seconds, using small circular motions. Then rinse and dry your skin with a clean towel.
More Products from “Lavender Cosmetics”
• Therapeutic Facial Toner – rich in the extraction of hamamelis, Urticaria, and Calendula – three plants that when we combine them, they are excellent for treating pimples, contracting the cells, and healing inflammation of the skin. Use it daily.
Therapeutic Serum for Oily skin– if your skin is dry and you suffer from acne, we recommend that you use our 100% Natural and effective Serum for moisturizing and making your skin elastic.
Classical Homeopathy For Natural Treatment of Acne
Classical Homeopathy allows the treatment of the emotional state, physical and mental state. It is a treatment suitable for every person. If your condition is mild, we recommend that you first try to treat it by keeping your skin balanced.
In cases of moderate to severe acne, we recommend Classical Homeopathy when the treatment usually includes a two-hour session for a complete consultation where the practitioner asks his patient broad questions to elicit subjective symptoms and life experiences. The homeopath tries to understand the inner world of the patient in order to make the best diagnosis. The homeopath chooses one remedy out of 200-300 that can fit the physical problem (in this case acne) of the person. After about a month, a meeting is held to examine the changes. Sometimes a patient can notice changes in his mood or changes in his energy level. In some cases, the patient might experience a change in the acne for the worse. If the remedy is the right one, gradually, acne will improve and the patient will feel better and enjoy the results of the holistic treatment.
Written by Ido Mashall BA in Biology, B.Sc. – Chemical Engineering, M.Sc. – Materials Engineering (Technion)
All that is written on the site is based on the opinion of the writers and their best experience and is not a substitute for a medical opinion.